The purchasing of office equipment is by taking into account the energy and environmental performance, energy class, and total consumption in standby mode of the equipment, as well as the presence of internationally recognized labels (Energy Star, EPEAT, etc.). The office equipment (computers, monitors, printers) are used in energy saving mode and if it is technically possible, they are set to turn off automatically when nobody use them.
The company has also adopted flexible working hours with the possibility of working from home and the practice several employees to share common working place that leads to more efficient use of the office space.
The fact that the company organized several campaigns for saving energy on the working place also helped for the good results. A training is done and instructions for the potential of savings in the area had been given to the staff. Instructions and stickers are posted for reminding the employees to turn off the appliances after using them and to switch off the office equipment, appliances and lights before leaving the office.
The temperature in the office varies depending on the outside temperature and according to the preferences of the employees, respecting the adopted rules for optimal temperature in winter and in summer. There are 4 air conditioners installed and used for both cooling and heating.
In the summer and in the autumn of 2015 three out of four air conditioners were replaced with inverter systems of high energy class. It is expected a forthcoming replacement of the last one. That is one of the reasons that led the company to achieve electricity savings as the energy for heating and cooling in the office is mainly for air conditioning. On the other hand the air conditioners are maintained in good working order and are inspected once per year.
Behaviour changes implemented:
- Turn off all the equipment before leaving the office;
- Turn off monitors and computers during the lunch break;
- Switch off lights and lamps before leaving the premises;
- Switch off the color printer when it is not in use;
- Turn off the air conditioners while opening the windows for ventilation;
- Stop using small convector heaters;
- Organizing business breakfasts/lunches for talking about the EE in the office;
- Cleaning frequently the fridge and defrosting it once per 3 months;
- Disseminating the newsletters and discussing the topics with the employees;